Saturday 2 August 2014

Astanayika ... Abhisarika Nayika

Many of us know and many don't. Asthanayika in Natyasashtra are an integral part of Indian Classical dance and music. Saint Bharat depicted eight mental and emotional states a woman can have. All the states belong to being in romance and love. Ashtanayika is an integral part of Abhinaya in various Indian classical dance forms and it has been used in many portrait, wall art, sculpture as theme. 

I should ask prior apology for what I am going to do. I am not here to poke or hurt anyone's sentiments those who are very much involved with Natyasastra as I am a devotee of Indian classical dance and worshiper of it. Somehow after getting indulged into Abhinaya especially 'Khandita Nayika' I finished reading other seven Nayikas too. I realized that we women are ocean of sentiments and secrets. We pass through various emotional state while in love and relations. Sometimes we express but few times we don't. We suppress our grief in deepest level of heart and tolerate everything. These eight scenarios were true then and will be true universally for the rest of the time world can have. So suddenly I thought to write few poems based on the same concept one can have.

Mercy please !!  this try is just a form of expressing my influence...


Abhisarika Nayika
one going to meet her lover ]

Like a flute plays its tune
like a Sitar riddles its string
you put a wave in my chords of heart ...

Day and Night ,
I see you in my meaningless sight ...
smile alone, think deep,
and never sleep ...

You sprinkled some magical spree,
and I am a lady in love
I swear .. I can do anything to bring you 
into my life...
I dare, hardly fear 
of the world that stops me from 
your blare ...

You might not know
that I was heeding you through the leaves 
from my balcony,
You were reading a book of love then
with anticipation and agony ...
next you were painting a woman of your dream
I wished that woman would be me...
I just watched all your expressions and hue,
you might not have known that 
I was right there for you ...




Picture : Wikipedia
Read More : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashta_Nayika








Posted By Debarati Datta Read about me here blogging since 2011 Copyright © Debarati Datta Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the post and if you like it then don't forget to fill a comment and send that to me .